Life in Christ!
Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
If we truly believe that Jesus is the son of God and has called us to be His brothers and sisters, weekly worship and daily prayers are not enough. We are called to follow our Lord in a 24/7 death of self-will and new life in God’s will. Eternal life has no end. Neither has it had any beginning. It exists now, while we are yet in the body of flesh. To enter into it, it is not necessary for this fleshly body to die, but for us to crucify its unclean thoughts, desires, and actions.
Queries for single Friends
- Am I living a chaste and wholesome life to the glory of God? Am I keeping myself from defilement and focusing my thoughts and energies on godly priorities through worship and spiritual development?
- Am I strengthening healthy relationships with my family, other Friends and Christians, and the community around me? Am I serving as a light of God to those whom I encounter? What sacrifices have I made in this regard?
- Am I taking care not to isolate myself and am I tending to me own physical, emotional, and spiritual needs? Am I acknowledging my areas of weakness and reaching out in a constructive way as needed?
- Am I asking God to guide my path in life and to enlighten my soul as to what would best glorify him? Am I engaged in a worthwhile and fulfilling career or job vocation? Am I open to my present situation being upended or cemented in order for God’s will to be done? Have I been rebellious or lackadaisical to the calling of the Spirit in and way?
- Am I utilizing my talents and furthering my skills? Am I wasting time with the follies of the world? Am I shirking responsibility in any way?
- Do I consider the precious gift of singleness either for a season or for a lifetime?