Life in Christ!
This is the Christian covenant: Jesus, the Christ, gave up His temporal life FOR ME on His cross to make eternal life with Him available to me. I give up my temporal life TO HIM on my daily cross to enter into that eternal life with Him.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Queries for single Friends
- Am I living a chaste and wholesome life to the glory of God? Am I keeping myself from defilement and focusing my thoughts and energies on godly priorities through worship and spiritual development?
- Am I strengthening healthy relationships with my family, other Friends and Christians, and the community around me? Am I serving as a light of God to those whom I encounter? What sacrifices have I made in this regard?
- Am I taking care not to isolate myself and am I tending to me own physical, emotional, and spiritual needs? Am I acknowledging my areas of weakness and reaching out in a constructive way as needed?
- Am I asking God to guide my path in life and to enlighten my soul as to what would best glorify him? Am I engaged in a worthwhile and fulfilling career or job vocation? Am I open to my present situation being upended or cemented in order for God’s will to be done? Have I been rebellious or lackadaisical to the calling of the Spirit in and way?
- Am I utilizing my talents and furthering my skills? Am I wasting time with the follies of the world? Am I shirking responsibility in any way?
- Do I consider the precious gift of singleness either for a season or for a lifetime?